Daydreaming Realist: DIY NIVEA Gift Basket for my Sweet Grandma :)


Pin It To Pinterest!

DIY NIVEA Gift Basket for my Sweet Grandma :)

See that lizard in my plant? That's my Roo's (dog's) toy--she's had it for 9 years! I call it a "wizzle." That was before Dora was on the scene. It's hard to say "widdle lizard" over & over, so I said "wizzle" & that became it's name. She loves it, still.

The Story of Two Shopping Buddies


My Grandma is a girly-girl; she's always been pretty, polite and she loves to bargain shop for the things she needs. When I was a teenager, we used to be "shopping buddies." She would take me out every Saturday to bargain shop for hours and we'd come home with bags of stuff for $20! I really enjoyed those shopping trips, because they were so leisurely and fun; we really had time to talk and become friends. My pawpaw would pick us up for lunch and we'd ride with him; my grandma said that's what you do when you're on a date (she's so insightful!).

The things that we shopped for the most were bath & body items and clothes. She would take me with her for girls'-day-out haircuts and we'd buy lotions and potions from the sales. I learned to love myself for who I am and to always look my best when I'm going out--you never know who you might run into (Johnny Depp!). She taught me the value of patience--waiting on prices to come down, instead of buying an outfit at full price. I learned how a man is supposed to treat a woman, from watching my pawpaw do kind things for us--pick us up for lunch, come by to check on her/us, give us a few dollars to shop with ;) Grandma taught me how to make the dollar go further--She calls it "making a dollar hollar" lol. I LOVE MY GRANDPARENTS!!!

My grandparents have always been kind to me and, now, to my little Noah. I love them so much and I'm excited to see them for their birthdays this month. I already bought my pawpaw some super-cool gifts, but I want you to come along with me while I pick out some things for my grandma :) This'll be fun!

Since, she always took me out for retail therapy
 and pampering gifts, I want to give her a 
special gift basket for her birthday, this month. 

It all started at Sam's Club...


I go to Sam's Club regularly, because they have so much stuff and I love the discounted prices. Right when I walked in the door, I noticed this table that my mom would LOVE! I love it! Beautiful color and detailing.




Then, I went to the magazine section, because I can't visit Sam's Club without stopping by the magazines. They have All You magazine, now! What! Yes! My grandma and I both love magazines--especially, the money-saving, weight-losing, recipe-having ones!


Next, I bought her some sparkling grape juice, lol. I know she'll think it's wine (it's wrapped up) and she'll fuss at me and I can't wait!! She loves grape juice, so she'll definitely enjoy this.



Sam's Club sells luxury towels, did you know this? I just saw them for the first time, last week. I got her a gold one, because it's the closest to yellow--her favorite color :) It's SO soft and SO big! She usually buys inexpensive towels, because she says that the scruffy texture of the inexpensive towels and washcloths help exfoliate your skin--she's so smart! She needs one big, soft one, though, for those nights off from exfoliating... don't need her to widdle down too much or people might think I'm HER grandma ;)



Her gift basket needs one more very special thing--NIVEA lotion. Sam's Club sells NIVEA in double-packs for under ten dollars. The reason that this lotion is so ideal for my grandma, is because it has a pump made onto it. This is excellent for anyone who has sore joints, because they don't have to open and close it OR squeeze it--pump bottles rock. My grandma will love this big ol' bottle of NIVEA with the user-friendly pump.

Can you spot the Noah gifts, too? lol. Mommy loves Noah, too :)

I used the towel to fill the basket (that I bought) and then I firmly wedged both the NIVEA and the "wine" bottle into the towel. Before I put the bottles in, the towel was shaped like a heart; I'll show her that when she opens it :) I added a 4-way nail buffer to it--those things are awesome! They are great for people who don't paint their nails, too. It's a nail file that has four sides; each side is a different step to smoothing out your nails, and in the end, your nails are perfectly smooth and have a shine to them. I also added a pedicure kit--nail scrubber, foot file, clippers etc. The magazine is in the back, bringing it all together.



She can enjoy her nights of reading a great magazine--full of tips, recipes, and coupons--while she drinks her bubbly and enjoys her hassle-free bottle of NIVEA lotion. I really think she'll enjoy this gift. I bought each piece with her in mind. Giving her a pampering gift is just a little way to say "thank you" for all of the fun we had shopping; we should do that again sometime, soon!



Who do you like to give pampering gifts to? :)











I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Beiersdorf for NIVEA.  #NIVEAMoments #CBias #SocialFabric

4 comments:

  1. I love to give pampering gifts to my grandmother. She always enjoys them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww how sweet :) I bet she does! I always think of my grandma and mom when I'm shopping, too :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You are the sweetest to create such a thoughtful basket for your grandmother! I'm certainly she'll be delighted with all your thoughtful purchases and I hope the two of you can plan a trip out together soon! Thanks so much for sharing your experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pics so bright and beautiful. Your Grandma is going to love her gift basket.

    ReplyDelete

Someone as beautiful, smart and funny as you are must have something to say about this, right? ;) So, what do you think?

ShareThis

Popular Posts