Daydreaming Realist: Speedway Express Wagon Review


Pin It To Pinterest!

Speedway Express Wagon Review

*This honest post is sponsored. All opinions are my own.

After weeks of searching for a new wagon for my little boy, I found the perfect one. It's blue, has removable safety rails, no-tilt design and the high weight limit is appropriate for carrying more than one child at a time. In fact, this wagon is so perfect, that I can use it for gardening and chores, as well as for play!

The Speedway Express Wagon #800 is built on a strong, steel frame that will hold up to 1,100 pounds (seriously) and it comes with 13" turf tires that will travel across a variety of surfaces--including hilly grass and gravel. The bed is solid 24" x 40" wood with a beautiful, smooth finish.


Speedway Express Wagons Come in Many Sizes


While looking for this wagon, I noticed there are many sizes of wagons available. What you need to keep in mind is that the larger the wagon is, the heavier it will beWagon Sales offers smaller, lightweight wagons that are easier for children to pull. So, if this is for a child or someone who wants a lightweight wagon to pull, consider a smaller wagon such as the #128 or #330.

The wagons have a no-tilt design, come in a variety of colors and have a higher-than-average weight limit. There are also larger wagons for heavy-duty work; more appropriate for construction or heavy farm work.

If you need a wagon that can handle yard work & play, there are plenty to choose from, including the Speedway Express 800 wagon, which I will be covering in this blog post.



Play Wagon Accessories


I've owned the Speedway Express #800 wagon for a few weeks, now, and have done so many different things with it around here. We built it, from the box, in less than 30 minutes. I was impressed with the quality before we even completed the assembly of the wagon; this thing is built to last. The surface of the wagon bed is very smooth, making it very child-friendly.

What's cool is that you can buy many accessories for the Speedway Express wagons. The wagons are already equipped with the necessary parts for dropping the accessories into place--meaning, you don't have to screw any parts into the wagon to add accessories to it.



The Handle & Hitch Combo is an upgrade choice when you purchase the wagon. It allows you to switch between using the D-handle hand grip and attaching the wagon to a hitch. This is convenient if you're using the wagon for work, especially.

The Sun Top is very useful and so fun to own! Everyone loves this accessory, because it's functional, easy to add/remove and it's really stylish. The Sun Top comes in different sizes and is weather-resistant. The baby will not get sunburned this summer while he rides in his wagon and enjoys the great outdoors with his family. The Sun Top also keeps cargo on the wagon from getting too hot--this is great for tender plants or other products that you're hauling.



Another accessory that is really helpful is the Deluxe Seat. The Deluxe Seat offers a comfortable wagon ride for children. It has two seat belts attached to it to assure a safe ride. This was also easy to assemble: 10 minutes. I'm very happy with the quality of the wood used for this wooden accessory and for the wagon bed. I think I'll be passing this wagon down to the grandkids one day. The seat is reinforced with metal brackets, so it will stay strong during bumpy rides.

The wagon and accessories are weather resistant, but not weatherproof (it's a wooden product, after all). It can be placed in a shed or garage for safe-keeping. I also want to mention that the paint is lead-free and the colors are very vibrant. I am cautious about buying imported products due to lead paint still being used overseas, so it's exciting to find an American-made wagon for kids that's safe and durable.

A Wagon for Work or Play


My little boy loves putting the pups in the Speedway Express wagon with him for a fun wagon-ride together. Puppies make excellent friends. The side rails are both stapled and glued for durability; they are very easy to remove and replace. My kindergartner can put the side rails on by himself. I like the added safety of having side rails on the wagon.



The wagon that I have is really spacious and can handle a lot of tasks. I filled it with a few bags of mulch, flower pots, basket liners and plants--and had room to spare. I love that it's a portable work area, essentially, so I can move it anywhere I need to go very quickly. The finished, wooden surface is very easy to clean. I keep a piece of cardboard around to put on the bottom when I'm afraid of damaging the surface, but it's proven to be very work-worthy.



Another use for a good wagon is hauling grocery bags. Before I had this wagon, I would load all of the groceries on my arm and try to walk them up the driveway to my house by myself--in one trip. Now, I can just load the wagon and pull them to my house entryway. This would be useful for someone who walks to the market, as well. I could see me pulling a small wagon around outdoor shops, farmer's markets and parks; it's very convenient to own a wagon.



So, if you're in the market for a new wagon, you should really, really consider the Speedway Express wagons, because they're in a league of their own. One wagon filled the need for both a play wagon and a garden cart around here--that's an investment piece, for sure. You gotta love multi-purpose products that save you space and money.

I'm completely satisfied with the Speedway Express Wagon #800 and the accessories that compliment it. If you're considering a new wagon--for work or play--Speedway Express wagons are high-quality products; I highly recommend them.




56 comments:

  1. I would end up hauling my children around in that all day, which would be totally fine by me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, the last pic is killing me!! This is such a cool product!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They expect to ride in it every time my son does lol :) Which is exactly what he wants, too. This is a total winner; we use it every single day, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can have our own Oregon Trail with that canopy! Hope your dogs don't get dysentery on the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely do that, now, and it's a lot of fun :) I can even hold me if someone wants to haul me around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! That's what I said, too! It's so cool and extremely useful. It provides a lot of shade and it's very sturdy. Everyone loves it =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great wagon! I love the picture with all the doggies in the wagon!
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This looks like such a fun and useful wagon! I can only imagine all of the ways that we could put it to use here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a useful wagon. OMG the picture with all the dogs is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely want to pull a wagonful of puppies around my yard! This is pretty cool - I especially love the seat that can be added!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's one heavy duty wagon. I bet it's great to ride around in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Domestic MommyhoodMay 22, 2014 at 5:36 PM

    Holy cow! I love everything about the wagon! Especially the color and the topper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That would be awesome for our yard work, kids and beach stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great wagon. I bet my kids would love that. Seems to very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this wagon. We need a new one to pull our plants around the yard in. I want one to attach to the back of a 4-wheeler since we live in the country. Your doggies look so cute in that photo and I bet they had fun going for a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these wagons! they are great! Some great childhood memories will be attached to these I am sure

    ReplyDelete
  17. That wagon looks great. I could use one for all the gardening I'm doing this year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This wagon looks like a workhorse! Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great wagon! It looks like it would be so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awesome wagon! I love how versatile it is.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Liz @ A Nut in a NutshellMay 22, 2014 at 10:29 PM

    I have to laugh about the wagon full of pets, but seriously I get it! I have a wagon like this that hauls everything under the sun outside. They're so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun! Wagons are also great for parades, watching and walking in them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need one of these! This looks like an awesome product.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness I laughed at the last picture. They are ready to go!! hahaha Very sweet. And it's a nice wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you! This one (and some of the others) has an option for a Handle/Hitch Combo that could be beneficial. I love this particular one, because it's heavy duty enough for work, but still perfect for play (smooth surface, nice colors, added safety features).

    ReplyDelete
  26. absolutely! He plays in it every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It makes a huge difference. You can pull everything around to where you need it and there's plenty of room for bags of mulch, dirt and plants.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's amazing! Happy gardening to you, too, Jenn!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I find something new to do with it every day :) Highly recommend this one over the others I've tried out.

    ReplyDelete
  30. They would and it is. There's other wagons available that are lighter weight (easier for kids to pull on their own). This is the perfect work/play combo for me to pull my little guy around in, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes, indeed. There are different sizes available, too, for different scenarios. The sun cover makes the rides extra enjoyable for the littles.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Girl, me, too!! It's perfect! I'm so glad I waited and chose this one instead of the one I was looking at in the store. This wagon does it all =) And it's so hard to find a wagon in different colors; the blue really excited my little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. They really are! :) You'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'll let you know when someone gives me a turn, too lol :) jk. Yes, he's loving it and so are the puppies. Those tires can take on any path we choose to go down :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. lol I feel like the luckiest girl, ever, with my puppy crew :) The seat is great for my little one to sit on; the the pups (all or some) sit in front of him and ride in it. We couldn't love this wagon any more than we already do.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aren't they sweet! I didn't even have to ask them twice to get in there. They kept hopping in (trying to) while I was taking photos lol. It's incredibly useful and extremely fun for my little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Girl, we're using it for gardening, groceries and evening wagon rides around here. We can even put the outdoor toys (bubbles, water guns, buckets of water balloons etc) on it and drive them to where we're headed. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks, Mitch! Its really awesome. My little one loves it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  39. haha, they are! It's so funny to see them hopping in and out of it and even sitting beside it waiting for a turn. My little boy thinks they're supposed to ride everytime (all 50 extra pounds of them lol). This wagon is the best wagon ever. We're totally in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wagons make every thing easier, I believe. I definitely recommend this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  41. yessss! Great advice! It helps haul things, people and pets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yes ma'am! Rolling on 13's~ I keep 'em clean :) It can turn on a dime and it rolls right through the grass and gravel.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Don't they, though?! I also love the other options for work and play. The accessories just pop into place (like the Sun Cover). This wagon is a dream come true for adults and children (and dogs).

    ReplyDelete
  44. How did we live without a wagon before we had one, right? :) I thought it was so funny to see them in it, that I just had to add it on here. =) It's so heart-warming to see everyone enjoying it ~ from children to adults.

    ReplyDelete
  45. It's too cool! My little boy (and his friends) loves it so much. It's great for play-dates!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such a great wagon! I would love to have one to haul my kiddos and gardening supplies around the yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Kayla @ TheEclecticElementMay 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM

    What a heavy duty wagon! It sounds quite safe, secure and versatile and I love that you can have accessories like that sun top! That last picture is beyond adorable, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  48. That really looks like a wagon that can do it all! My husband has a cheapie wagon that he uses all the time, but I think an upgrade is in order. This would make a perfect Father's Day Gift for him this year!

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a cute wagon. I'd love to use that to help me garden.

    ReplyDelete
  50. That's awesome! A wagon filled with puppies I'm pretty sure is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  51. that would be great to take to the community parades. set up on the sidewalk and the kids have seats and a place for goodies

    ReplyDelete
  52. savoryexperimentsMay 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM

    I have no children, but I want one just to haul things around!

    ReplyDelete
  53. That would be awesome for yard work! I love all the dogs loaded up in it!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow, I love the covered wagon feature! Looks very sturdy

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love this! It looks like it would be the perfect wagon for Mardi Gras parades!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Looks like a good sturdy wagon! And the dogs are so cute, lol. But I really love how you can put the canvas on. I can see so many games the kids could do with that!

    ReplyDelete

Someone as beautiful, smart and funny as you are must have something to say about this, right? ;) So, what do you think?

ShareThis

Popular Posts