Daydreaming Realist: Review: New! Green Giant Seasoned Steamers™


Pin It To Pinterest!

Review: New! Green Giant Seasoned Steamers™




When I buy frozen (or canned vegetables), Green Giant is always my first choice, because of quality, price and variety. I'm happy to learn that Green Giant has introduced a new line of products called Seasoned Steamers

Green Giant Seasoned Steamers™ are one of the first sauce-free seasoned vegetables to bring unique chef-inspired seasonings and premium cut vegetable blends to your dining room table. These tasty Seasoned Steamers are bound to spice up any meal with six varieties including: Mediterranean Blend, Tuscan Seasoned Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts with Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper, Honey Roasted Sweet Corn, Honey Dijon Carrots and Backyard Grilled Potatoes.



Two of my Favorite Recipes from Green Giant's Website

Featuring Seasoned Steamers

Green Giant® Seasoned Steamers™ frozen honey roasted sweet corn.




Recipe here: http://greengiant.com/recipes/detail/tuscan-broccoli-pizza


You can make this using the
Green Giant® Seasoned Steamers™ frozen Tuscan seasoned broccoli.






My Personal Review

Backyard Grilled Potatoes--need I say more? :) I purchased several bags of Backyard Grilled Potatoes and I cooked them two different ways--in the oven (no bag) and in the microwave (in the bag). I love that you can actually use your microwave to steam the vegetables--right in the bag--in under 8 minutes. When you're cooking dinner, you often have many different things going at once, so having a high-quality side dish-->that can basically take care of itself for you <--is an answered prayer. 

The Backyard Grilled Potatoes were steamed to perfection--perfectly fork-tender. If you prefer softer vegetables, you can always cook them a little bit longer. They were well-received by my family and myself. I've already bought more of them.




The Backyard Grilled Potatoes that I cooked in the oven were equally amazing. I simply poured them onto a nonstick casserole pan, covered it with aluminum foil for half the cooking, then uncovered for the 2nd half. I baked them at 400 for around 20-25 minutes. Note: This is not the recommended method of cooking, but I just had to try it out and they came out perfectly roasted! Huge hit!





I definitely recommend the Backyard Grilled Potatoes, because you can get the same slow-baked potato taste straight from your microwave in under 8 minutes--yes, please.


What I'm trying next






Connect with Green Giant


Find Green Giant online at the facebook page or their website.




“Disclosure:  The coupons, information, and gift packs have been provided by Green Giant® through MyBlogSpark.”

1 comment:

Someone as beautiful, smart and funny as you are must have something to say about this, right? ;) So, what do you think?

ShareThis

Popular Posts