Daydreaming Realist: Trend Alert: Running Water is IN!


Pin It To Pinterest!

Trend Alert: Running Water is IN!

After three days of having no running water, we finally have water again. Mr. PipeyPipe just couldn't stand the below-freezing temps, so he had to go and break and have his friend do the same. The good news is that it's freezing cold so the busted pipes didn't leak--score! Let me tell you what it's been like without running water... humbling. I've learned so many ways to conserve water and make water go further. I kept a soda bottle organic water jug filled with water next to the kitchen sink for all three days. We used it to wash our hands by holding it in our arm like a football and just letting a tiny bit drizzle down our hands to wash the soap away before drying the rest off with a towel. We ate sandwiches and frozen pizza vegetables to keep from dirtying dishes and bathed with waterless shampoo, baby wipes and body wipes.

Running Water: You're Gonna Like It.




So, today the pipes were fixed and the water came back on--it was like a miracle. I actually forgot that we could now flush the toilets without pouring a bucket of water into the tank. We could now wash the dishes with the dishwasher. And guess what? We can now take a bath/shower! How privileged do I feel to take a real shower? Very privileged, honestly. I've been thinking about how "back in tha day" people had to carry water up from the well to the house and how they must've conserved it and used it with care; modern people are much lazier and spoiled, really. I'm so glad I'm a "modern people". I'm so glad I live in a country where running water is a possibility--the standard, even.

The Shampoo Posse. No conditioners allowed.

As I stepped in the hot, hottt shower, I realized how much I missed this... the steam, the clean, the time alone (keeping it real here). Then, I realized... I'm out of hair conditioner-- I had forgotten about that. I didn't even care. How wonderful to just have the opportunity to bathe for the first time in three days, so who cares that I have some big posse of shampoos hanging out in my shower corner and no conditioner is allowed? How does that always happen, anyway... How OCD is it to separate your shampoo from your body wash, because I do that and I keep the labels forward. Do you?

A little dirty. Tomorrow's problem imo. 

So, while I may not have a fancypants shower that seats three and plays music through Bluetooth; what I do have is running water and I'm feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. My shower has a waterfall, though... posh sophistication, I say.

Have you ever had a situation humble you?


2 comments:

  1. So glad you got your water back. I can't imagine not having running water that long .. especially just to shower. yikes! And who needs music in the shower? Make your own love!

    xoxo

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    http://raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, girl, me too. We took showers in the morning before it froze; then we took a shower/bath the night it was repaired; so all-in-all, we only went one day without a shower :) Not too bad for a 3-day outage. Shower music! I used to have an in-shower radio/cd player back in tha day lol. Happy Friday!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Someone as beautiful, smart and funny as you are must have something to say about this, right? ;) So, what do you think?

ShareThis

Popular Posts