Daydreaming Realist: May 2014 Ipsy Bag


Pin It To Pinterest!

May 2014 Ipsy Bag

The May Ipsy sneak peeks are so pretty! Yesterday was my mama's birthday and I had a wonderful time hanging out with her and my family. After you move out of your mom's house, you find yourself missing her a lot, so it's always nice to go back home and be with your family for a day :) Happy May, everyone!

What is Ipsy?
Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! PS: Thank you so much to everyone who has used my referral link~you're the best :)




woo! I love itttt!! How pretty!! I'm saying this a little early, but... I think this might be my most favorite bag design, yet. This and that cool San Francisco bag. 


Have a nice weekend! Glam Rooms should be updated on Monday :)



May Sneak Peek #5:


Garden party or relaxed picnic, one of these beauty finds will keep you pretty and polished for any outdoor soiree this month.


Mmm a pickynic :) I really enjoy La Fresh wipes, so I'm happy to see them on the table. I also see that the balanced guru oil from Hint 4 is in this hint, too, so that means the company has generously supplied a lot of products to distribute among the bags. I'll just name what I can see and we'll add on to this as we figure it out :) 
  • La Fresh facial cleansing wipes (travel pack)(I love this brand)
  • balanced guru hair oil (this is a 2nd chance to get the oil; you won't get two bottles of it)
  • eye lash curler
  • two makeup brushes (you wouldn't get both, btw)
  • derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub
  • Bare foot [....] polish packet
  • Avène Thermal Spring Water (interesting, very interesting)
  • a little white container of something. bb on that one.
I'm wondering if the bag will have a picnic design on it. What do you think? It would be pretty if it had a print of the clouds/landscape, perhaps. <33



May Sneak Peek #4:


The freshest picks, the prettiest products! One of these beauty finds will be yours to enjoy all spring.


Well, there you are Hint #4! We were about to come lookin' for ya! ;) lol jk. Sooo, this is a basket o'hair stuff with some face product(s) in there. The second I saw that stuff on the left (eva-nyc), I knew I wanted it. There's just something about the bottles and the "hippieness/playfulness" of it that I must have in my life. I see a possible USDA Organic sticker on that little brown bottle (another win) and there's the much-popular Pur-lisse over on the right. Let's break it down, k.
  • pūr~lisse pūr~moist hydra-balance moisturizer
  • eva-nyc Rock-a-wave, Mane Tamer, Therapy Session (cool!)
  • mystery bottle of possibly something organic; maybe, it's an oil? bbl on that one.. Gotcha~ with a little help from my friends on fb :)
  • Balanced Guru hair oil. This sounds interesting and I love the name of the brand!





I swear, I get completely little-kid-happy at the sight of that pink bunny on a bottle. Cruelty-free is the way to be... for all of us.

See you here tomorrow! :)


May Sneak Peek #3: 


A lovely bouquet of beauty awaits you this month. Which blooms are you excited about?


Awesome. I guess we can assume there will be just one of these items in the bag this month, because that's how it usually goes; although, it could be different. I'll keep this updated.

I see Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer! I own and adore this. It really does smell just like chocolate and the color is very adaptable to different skin tones. If You watch Bethany, so you've seen this in her video(s) in the past. They sell this at Sephora, Ulta and online. It lasts forever and I use it all year (even as eye shadow).

The developing list: Too Face Chocolate Soleil bronzer, Nailtini polish, Revlon lip stain, BooBoo Coverup, an Olive lipbalm (I'll add the brand, later), a body balm (add brand later) and what could be a perfume or oil. I"m not sure what that "honey" thing is; possibly a self-tanner, but don't hold me to that. I'm on my way out the door, but will update all of this when I get home tonight.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!





May Sneak Peek #2:


Time to head outdoors and enjoy beauty al fresco. Don't forget to put one of these pretty picks in your picnic basket to stay safe in the sun.


Cool, sunscreen; who could complain about that :) The Jersey Shore sunscreen sample is worth $12.50, if it's the one on their site seen here. That's a benefit of being an Ipsy member, because you get to try things that are interesting, but perhaps beyond your "trial" price range--you can try it, through Ipsy, for much less and then buy the one that's right for you. I've bought a lot of sunscreens that I didn't like and it gets expensive. I swear, I went through like 5 kinds the other summer. I'm happy about the sunscreen item this month!




Check this out! Huge bragging rights warranted for Jersey Shore sunscreen:
Of the few sun screens that has been approved by The Environmental Working Group (ewg.org), PETA, and Livestrong.com, Jersey Kids All Natural and Jersey Shore Sun, Sans Tan Anti-aging sunscreens tops the lists. Jersey Kids sunscreen is organic, vegan, petrochemical-free, and even safe for babies under six months old. Livestrong.com voted Jersey Kids as the #1 All Purpose sunscreen, while at the same time, Jersey Shore Sun, Sans Tan was topping PETA’s 2013 “Summer Must Haves” list. Source.

Oh, man, yay! The other one is a mineral/natural sunscreen, too! It's water-resistant Hang Ten spf 50 (yes!) Classic Sport sunscreen. It's $12.99 for full-size (we'll most likely get the sample/travel size, but the price is very affordable). I also noticed Coola at the bottom of the label and I'm crazy about Coola products! They make some of the best tinted face sunscreen and I wear it in the summer, no joke--it stays on pretty well.

Great bragging rights for Hang Ten, too!
All formulas contain approximately 10 organic ingredients and a signature beach themed all-natural non-synthetic scent, while remaining free from Oxybenzone, Parabens, and Retinyl Palmitate. All Hang Ten Sunscreens provide high performance, non-greasy water resistance, with all SPF 15, SPF 30 and SPF 50 formulas testing out at the maximum FDA allowed claim of 80 minutes water resistance. Source.

The weather has been crazy this week, but Summer is on it's way... and it's already arrived in some places. I heard FL was hot, hot already. Sunscreen: put it on!


May Sneak Peek #1:

Let your beauty bloom with one of these soft, fresh shades to cheer up your spring style.


Looks like eyeshadow! Y'all know I love Pacifica!! I'm soooo happy that this appears to be an item for every glam bag! I'd be totally bummed if I didn't get it, so thank you, thank you, Ipsy. Pacifica products are cruelty-free and vegan--which is a big deal to me (especially, the cruelty-free part). Another note: Pacifica products are great quality and they're affordable--so if you try it and like it, then you can afford to buy more and that's really nice.

It's possibly the colors from the Enlighten Eye Brightening Mineral Eye Shadow Palette (that's a mouthful). I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying it looks like it could be. I'm kinda iffy about naming colors.




See you back here on Monday for the next Ipsy Sneak Peek!



Post contains referral link.

6 comments:

  1. Brittany KellahanMay 2, 2014 at 5:04 PM

    Those Pacifica shadows look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't they! I'm kinda leaning towards the one with the plum/purple color :) But, they're all mighty purdy ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow -- so much more info than on the Ipsy site

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a post that grows each day lol :) Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely Think The Colors Are The Same From The Palette.. Looks Almost Identical! I Love This Site, SO Helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really does! I'm happy that everyone gets the eyeshadows :) Thank you so much! Its fun to share the anticipation with everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Someone as beautiful, smart and funny as you are must have something to say about this, right? ;) So, what do you think?

ShareThis

Popular Posts