Daydreaming Realist: Skinny Limits Juice Cleanse Review


Pin It To Pinterest!

Skinny Limits Juice Cleanse Review

disclosure: I received a sample of this product. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions are my own.





So, the day started off like no other day: the icy temperatures and cold wind froze the water-carrying pipes beneath my house... no water? That's not good. Thankfully, a box filled with three-days worth of food showed up on my doorstep this morning. Its from Skinny Limits and all I have to do is drink six (6) of these 16oz bottles of juice per day. I could find healthy-inspiration and enlightenment at the bottom of each bottle, I bet. Let's look at this, together, shall we.

What you get when you order a 3-day cleanse from Skinny Limits


You can order online from Skinny Limits. You get 18 bottles of juice that are 16 oz per bottle. You drink 6 juices per day. Skinny Limits juices are raw, unpasteurized, cold-pressed, vegan, gluten-free juices. That's a mouthful of words and flavor. There are different options for cleanses from Skinny Limits, such as a 1-day, 3-day cleanse and you can customize your order to include different varieties of juices (like the tropical versions) or all organic juices (for an upgrade charge).

Why you should drink raw juice

Drinking raw, cold-pressed juice allows you to get all of the enzymes and nutrients that naturally occur in fruit and vegetables. Since these juices are not processed and pasteurized, so you should refrigerate them immediately when you receive them. The arrive in a box filled with ice packs--my juices were ice cold when they got here.

Skinny Limit Juice Ingredients


Pure & Simple (Green Juice): Kale, spinach, parsley, cucumber, apple, and lemon.

Balance (Green Ginger): Kale, spinach, parsley, cucumber, apple, lemon, and ginger.

Green Firefly: Kale, spinach, parsley, celery, cucumber, apple, lemon, and pineapple.

Scorpion Lemonade: Lemons, agave nectar, cayenne, and filtered water.

Crescent Moon: Raw cashews, vanilla bean, cinnamon, agave nectar, coconut oil, Himalayan sea salt, and filtered water.


What does green juice taste like?

Skinny Limits is an wise choice for someone, like me, who's never tried a juice cleanse. I had no idea what the juice is even supposed to taste like, so that alone was a life-lesson learned from the first bottle of Pure & Simple juice (green juice). I imagined that it would taste like baby food and water; I was ready to chug it and do a victory lap around the kitchen island. Guess what, though? It tastes great! I went with the swirl, sniff, sip method when I tried my first-ever green juice; it was a juice tasting and I was happy to be hosting it for myself. I'm so awesome.

What I noticed when I first sniffed the Pure & Simple juice was the scent of cucumbers, parsley and celery. What I first noticed when I tasted the Pure & Simple juice was apple, lemon, celery, cucumber and parsley. The kale and spinach are what gives the juice "body", so-to-speak; it really rounds out the flavors, but those two vegetables are not the top-notes I taste when I drink the green juice. So, if you're wondering--Pure & Simple (green juice) tastes like a very fresh salad... that you drink. It truly is quite lovely. I could drink these juices quite often. I could even cook with them, but that's not what we're doing here, today.

How do you do a juice cleanse?

You should start by eating clean for a day (or longer) before your juice cleanse arrives. On the first day of your cleanse, you should drink a big glass of hot water with lemon; this will get your body ready to start the day. You will evenly space out your juices throughout the day and finish with the cashew milk before bed. The cashew milk is very good and it's filling; it cured my craving for something thicker and more substantial on the first day. The juices are numbered so you can drink them in order throughout the day; having numbered bottles is very convenient.



How much does a juice cleanse cost?

The cost of a 3-day cleanse is under $50 per day. About the cost of juicing: well, it's pricier than buying the syrupy chocolate "diet" drinks from your local grocer. Why? Because, you're not getting a sugar-filled, hunger-inducing glass of nothingness. With the Skinny Limits 3-day juice cleanse you'll consume around 6 lbs of fresh produce per bottle. That produce is cold-pressed into a delicious, healthy beverage that you will crave throughout the day(s). Skinny Limits price is right on par with comparable products; you gotta compare apples to apples, right? ;) If I lived near Austin, Texas, I'd be at Skinny Limits so much they'd think I was on their payroll! I love their products, packaging and the fact that I can sit on the East Coast and sip juice made--just yesterday--by my friends in Texas. I'm a new member of the juicing community, now; send the welcome wagon with more juice, please!



Do you have juicing experience? How do you add extra vegetables to your diet? Drinking 6lbs of produce in a single 16 ounce glass really impresses me! Before I did this juice cleanse, I had no idea you could consume that much produce so quickly and healthfully. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone as beautiful, smart and funny as you are must have something to say about this, right? ;) So, what do you think?

ShareThis

Popular Posts